Our Skin Genius professional Jessner peel is an effective treatment to improve acne as well as pigmentation irregularities such as hyperpigmentation, photodamage, and melasma. Our Jessner solution is unique in that it combines multiple medical grade exfoliators in one peel.
Modified Jessner Peel | Pigmentation + Repair
An Effective Medium depth peel to treat uneven skin tone + texture.
*Disclaimer: Patient results vary from patient to patient.
Our Skin Genius Modified Jessner peel is comprised of salicylic acid, lactic acid, and resorcinol to treat fine lines, wrinkles, pigmentation irregularities (melasma), and acne scarring. It aids in the break down built up stratum corneum (dead skin cells) and reduces inflammation leaving the skin feeling supple, clear and hydrated with a firm and plumped appearance.
It reveals healthy luminous skin and enhances cell renewal by targeting congested pores, acne, pigmentation, sun damage, scar tissue, and aids in stimulation of collagen. The Jessner Peel accelerates the healing phase with added phytonutrients and is combined with a synergistic blend of Seabuckthorn and Calendula for optimal skin recovery.
First, the skin will be evaluated. Once it is determined the patient is a good candidate for the peel and all pretreatment skincare has been completed, the peel can be performed.
The skin will be cleansed to remove any dirt or oils.
Next, the Jessner solution will be brushed onto the skin. Typically, multiple coats will be applied for a superficial peel however, additional layers may be applied for a deeper peel.
Patients can add on a concentrated custom infusion blend, once discussed with their treating dermal therapist.
Encourages skin to make new, collagen-rich tissue.
Post Care + Home Peformance
Immediately after the treatment, may include redness, itching, irritation, swelling, and prolonged healing. It is important to make sure you maintain the skin health and hygiene to prevent any infection.
For truly visible results, we recommend a minimum of three treatments to continually build your collagen and elastin. Utilising the Skin Genius MD Dermal Recovery System post treatment can speed up the healing process and deliver maximum growth factor and clinical actives while the micro pathways are still active revealing new, glowing skin.
Pricing + Special Packages
|Professional Dermal Peels||Single Price||Prepay 6+ |
(Price per treatment)
|Derma Lactic Dermal Peel || Ideal for: Dull + Blotchy + Dehydrated Skin||$149||$125|
|Mandelic Acid Dermal Peel || Ideal for: Acne + Rosacea + Problematic Skin||$149||$125|
|Jessner Dermal Peel || Ideal for: Pigmentation + Acne + Melasma||$249||$199|
Frequently Asked Questions
- The Modified Jessner treatment requires multiple treatments for optimal results and is not a once-off procedure.
- On average we recommend 4 to 6 treatments for most clients depending on desired results and current skin health, however it is important to visit one of our clinics for a proper skin health consultation with one of our dermal therapists.
- It is important to book in for a complimentary consultation to get the correct assessment of your skin by a dermal therapist so we can create a tailored skin treatment plan for you.
- Prime your skin two weeks prior with AHA’s, vitamin A, vitamin C using prescribed Skin Genius MD prep treatment.
- Avoid tanning and prolonged sun exposure for two weeks prior.
- Men are to be clean shaven prior to treatment.
- In the lead up to your treatment and cease use Vitamin A, retinol, retinaldehyde or retinoic acid for 48 hours
- Avoid waxing and laser treatments for five days.
- Are taking topical antibiotics for acne (will need to cease two weeks prior to treatment)
- Have active sunburn, solar keratosis or tan
- Have cosmetic body implants
- Are taking arrhythmia medications (will need to cease prior to treatment)
- Have an auto-immune disorder
- Are taking blood thinners (aspirin, Warfarin, ibuprofen, fish oils, ginkgo biloba and alcohol), photosensitisers, and/or antidepressants (consult with client’s general practitioner prior to treatment)
- Have received cosmetic injectable treatments in the past 14 days or electrolysis in the past week
Anyone who is:
- Is pregnant
- Is, or has taken isotretinoin in the past six months
- Has active cold sores or cold sores that are present cannot be treated. If you are prone to these this can be minimised by taking your prescribed medication.
- Has an injury or broken skin around the treatment area.
- Currently has a bacterial or fungal infection.
If you are unsure, contact your clinic.
As this treatment does treat the top layer of the dermis, it is recommended you refrain from wearing make – up 24 hours post treatment. This is also to allow deeper penetration of the growth factors for optimal results.
Best as part of prescribed skin care regime
Risks and complications
Possible mild redness post treatment
Skin peeling may last 2-7 days
Recommended number of treatments
A course of 4 to 6 treatments is recommended spaced out monthly
”Wonderful service! The staff really careAbby Saadat5 Star Google Review
for you and
ensure that you are comfortable
and relaxed during the session.
Amazing results to so far I’ve been really happy.